Holiday Travel Tips
That time of year is upon us again. It's time to hit the road to share the magic of the season with family and friends. The roads will be packed with drivers, possible winter weather hazards, and long empty stretches of asphalt lie ahead.
Keep your joy meter pegged by taking a few precautions to prepare for the trip ahead.
1. Get Your Pre-drive Rest - Drowsy driving is a major hazard, taking a back seat in the media to more socially active no-no's like texting and drinking and driving. Make sure you are well rested for the drive and you will find the trip much more enjoyable and safer.
2. Secure the Turkey - In the even of a collision, packages, food, and other holiday items become airborne hazards. They can cause severe harm to yourself and your passengers. Take an extra minute to make sure everything is in the back seat or trunk and is secured.
3. Double Check Your Tires - Before hitting the road, check your tires for any damage including slashes, tread wear, or lodged road debris. Also, check your tire pressure to ensure they are at the factory recommended ratings. Lastly, make sure you have a good spare tire handing in case you find yourself with a flat on the side of the road.
4. Lights, Wipers, and Defroster - If you can't see, you will have problems. Before you hit the highway, take your vehicle to Pro Am Collision and Mechanical to have them check your lights, wipers, and defroster to make sure everything is in working order. Most of these types of repairs are pretty inexpensive but ensure your safety.
5. Stop and Go - Before your trip, you should have your brakes and battery inspected. A dead battery could leave you stranded on the side of the road and in harms way. Brake problems can kill more than your holiday buzz. Your trusted mechanics at Pro Am Collision in Grand Rapids can check over your brakes and battery in no time flat.
Lastly, remember that the holidays are magical times and to have fun with your family and friends. Cheers to a good and safe holiday!
- From, your trusted car repair center in Grand Rapids